Goat Simulator 3? Best reveal trailer ever, you say? Yep, we’re saying it.
Announced as the sequel to the much divisive Goat Simulator, Coffee Stain Publishing and Coffee Stain North skip the usual numerical numbering of games to go all-out with Goat Simulator 3. And yeah, we know that there hasn’t been a Goat Sim 2.
We also know that Coffee Stain have absolutely nailed the reveal trailer. Clearly inspired by the much-loved trailer for Dead Island 2 (still one of our favourite trailers of recent times), Goat Simulator 3 has been brilliantly delivered ahead of it crashing onto Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC this coming fall.
There’s more though and Goat Simulator 3 will arrive with full-on four goat mayhem, across the online services that serve the world.
This follow up to 2014’s Goat Simulator starts an all-new adventure, once again featuring Pilgor the goat. This time she’s found new pastures on the sprawling sandbox island of San Angora, a place where mysteries and chaos follow wherever you go. Players are free to roam around and discover the island’s secrets or, well, just destroy stuff. This is a Goat Simulator, after all.
Built from the gravel up, this next generation of goat simulation has pretty much everything you could ever want; Goats, goats wearing hats, goats riding a goat wearing a hat. There are also unnatural disasters, secret animal societies, triple jumping and probably any other nonsense you could think up. But truly, what is all this exciting newness without friends to explore it with? In Goat Simulator 3, you can gather as a herd of up to 4 friends to be the goats of your dreams, together. Yes, Goat Simulator 3 has online multiplayer!
The key features include:
- GOATS: You play as a goat! Pilgor, to be exact. However, you’ll also have the chance to wear the skins of many other ‘goats’. Tall goats, tasty goats, angry goats – all the goats you expect and more.
- MULTIPLAYER: Your friends play as goats too! Goat Simulator 3 has 4 player co-op, locally or online. You’ll be able to travel through the world together, cause cooperative mischief aplenty, and compete in 7 fun multiplayer mini-games, and then not be friends anymore.
- EXPLORATION: Goat Simulator 3’s giant new sandbox has plenty to discover – hidden secrets, quests, collectables and the devs actually bothered to make an ending this time! Use your own four hooves to get around, grind on your butt or buckle up for the ride of your life as all goats can drive cars*.
- CHAOS AND REACTIVITY: Cause all manner of mayhem as you lick, headbutt, crash and explode your way across the map, leaving no NPC unannoyed. Toy with the universally recognised four elements (Fire, Electricity, Oil and Alien Goo), test the limits of the world’s physics and interact with suspicious objects for… surprising results.
- CUSTOMISATION: Players can fully customise their goat’s Head, Back, Feet, Body, Horns and Furs with over 300 different gear parts to choose from – from toilet rolls to tea trays… and other actual clothing items, if you want to be like that. Some gear parts will mutate your playstyle by giving you new abilities, all will alter your perceived sense of style.
Santiago Ferrero, Creative Director at Coffee Stain North said “Since the release of the first Goat Simulator, it’s come to our attention that it did not really represent reality and how it actually feels to be a goat. So for the past couple of years, we’ve been doing some googling, and I am pleased to say – we’ve made it. Goat Simulator 3 is by far the greatest goat experience out there. Is it worth the money? Who knows. But will you regret it? Probably.”
Goat Simulator 3 is a direct sequel to Goat Simulator, building on everything fans of the first game loved and raising the baa to brand new heights (sometimes literally).
Goat Simulator 3 is coming to PC exclusively on the Epic Games Store (you can wishlist it there if you like), as well as Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 this fall. You’ll be able to find the following physical editions of Goat Simulator 3 available to pre-order at most major stores:
- Goat Simulator 3 Standard Edition – Physical copy of the game
- Goat Simulator 3 Pre-Udder Edition – Physical copy of the game; In-game Pre-udder gear
Now, tell us what YOU love about that trailer.